Saturday, April 4, 2009

 

VOTE this TUESDAY!!!

Sugar Grove's election is this Tuesday. Hope the weather cooperates and we get a good turnout. My ultimate hope is that we do get several new faces voted in.

Sugar Grove would be well served to mix things up. From what I am hearing, Sugar Grove sounds a bit like the way Chicago used to be, as far as politics goes. Seems to me that Sugar Grove would be well served to have some members who do want change and are not afraid to let Sugar Grove grow and expand. A part of me does not want that to happen, as with growth, also comes some negative things. But change is a part of life. Hopefully the good would outweigh the bad.

Side note; Of businesses I'd like to see here, Portillo's tops the list. A McDonald's would also be great. Not so hot to see a DQ. That is so seasonal. Jimmy John's would be great too. Dunn Bros. coffee is fantastic, but the only close one already has closed.

If Sugar Grove is looking for larger stores, a TJMaxx might be nice. Personally, I would also love a Once Upon a Child.

I also very much hope that Sugar Grove can get rid of Mediacom. That is the most horrible company to deal with. The village already knows this from the independent study that was done. I hope a competitor comes in with some kind of deal for us.

I hope the library gets the votes needed and maybe we can have a library with decent hours.

What's on your "wish list" for Sugar Grove? Post in in the comments section. Hopefully some new board members (maybe some old ones too) will read it.

Bottom line, don't forget to vote!!! TUESDAY, APRIL 7!!!

Comments:
Off Topic Comment

As a parent of "little ones",
I have started to find it annoying how many of the residents of this community brazenly break the law.
Those red octagons with the letters "STOP" are not suggestions.
Please start stopping at the stop signs and not driving through them.
I have been acting neighborly and with leniency for too long. That will change starting now.

A concerned member of the SGPD
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]