Thursday, April 9, 2009

 

A message from our newest Trustee:

I want to thank everyone who encouraged me, assisted me, and took the time out of their day to vote for me. I am humbled at the response that I got and assure you all that I will work hard to make the Village of Sugar Grove an even better place to live. Over the past month I have walked the many neighborhoods in Sugar Grove and knocked on an estimated 1200+ doors talking to people about issues in their neighborhoods. I have witnessed the crumbling streets, uneven sidewalks, water drainage issues, unfinished sudivisions, etc. I have also heard the demands to bring more retail into the village to offset the tax burden on the homeowners. I am looking forward to working with the rest of the board on the many issues facing us as a community. I would also like to take a moment to address the anonymous blogger who seems to be fixated on my affiliation with Mallard Point. I built one of the first homes in Mallard Point 15 years ago and have lived through many of the issues facing other subdivisions in town today. There are a number of Mallard Point residents who need help right now with flooding issues and I personally think these issues have been ignored for too long. That is why I became involved. I also believe that there are many other issues in town that have been ignored for too long and will take a stand on those too. If you are suggesting that I ran for Trustee for the one issue effecting Mallard Point at the expense of the rest of the village you are sadly mistaken, and you certainly don't know me as a person, or the ethical standards that I live by. I have been in law enforcement for over 30 years and have always been there for people who need help. It doesn't matter where they live, or what their status in life is. If someone needs help, there should be a community willing to help. If you choose to leave an allegation that I have acted differently then at least have the decency to leave a name or base it on fact. Rick Montalto

Comments:
Rick, congrats on the victory. You deserved it. I don't know you and live in another neighborhood, but please stand up for the voice of the residents who would like to have more dining/retail in Sugar Grove. I believe there is a lot of us out there and it seems like the current board is just so small town minded and will not change its ways on not wanting growth.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]